London Downs Golf Club, which is owned and operated by London Downs Golf Club Inc., is located in Forest, Virginia and features an 18-hole championship golf course. The course was designed by Russell Breeden and opened in 1991, and offers four sets of tees for golfers of all skill levels, ranging from the 4,965-yard red tees to the 6,938-yard blue tees. A grass tee practice facility, putting green, full-service clubhouse and pavilion round out the London Downs facilities.
London Downs Golf Club operates as a semi-private facility serving daily fee golfers from the greater Lynchburg area. In addition, a Membership Program offering a number of categories of membership to fit various lifestyles is available for regular users of the facilities.
Members of London Downs acknowledge that membership in the club is non-participatory and does not include any ownership rights in the club's assets, rights to receive or participate in any earnings of the Club nor any voting rights or right to participate in the management of the club.
Members also acknowledge that the course hosts outings and tournaments and may not be available each and every day that a member chooses to play.
Members enjoy the use of the club's facilities and various member benefits subject to the club's rules and regulations.
The club reserves the right at any time to terminate a membership for cause or without cause and refund the prorated portion of the membership dues.
London Downs Members enjoy the following exclusive benefits which are designed to enhance the enjoyment of the Club and the overall Membership experience.
- Unlimited golf based on the membership classification selected
- Discount on cart fees
- Preferred starting times with member packs
- Discount on range balls
- 15% discount on Pro Shop merchandise (not including balls, clubs and sale items)
- Participation in Club tournaments
- Participation in Club social events
- Membership in the VSGA and ability to play in the VSGA Championships
- USGA handicap at discounted fee
|Category A||Individual :: 7-Day Membership|
|Category B||Married Couple :: 7-Day Membership|
|Category C||Individual :: 5-Day Membership (Weekdays only)|
|Category D||Married Couple :: 5-Day Membership (Weekdays only)|
|Category F|| Junior (Weekdays and Weekends/Holidays after 2:00 p.m., age <18)|
|Category J|| Clergy :: 5-Day Membership (Weekdays only)|
|Category O|| Restricted :: March-October Weekdays after 12:00 p.m., Weekends and Holidays|
after 1:00 p.m.; November-February after 11:00 a.m.
2024 Membership Fee Schedule Options
|7-Day Married Couple||B||$2,050||$191|
|Weekday-Only Married Couple||D||$1,425||$132|
- Member Handicap Fee: $35. Non Member: $40.
- If a member decides to rejoin after resigning, a $500 reinstatement fee will be requred to reactivate membership privileges.
- All Dues are are paid in advance and annual payments must be received no later than January 31, 2024.
2024 Event Schedule
|To Be Announced|
We look forward to your joining us as a Member of London Downs Golf Club! Please download and complete the membership application below, and drop it off on your next visit to London Downs.